"Whooah, we're half way there. Whooah, livin' on a prayer."
(Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer)
Those lyrics could not be more true for the purging and packing phase of my move. My mom has officially left my apartment so that I can take a break for the weekend. (I have plans with some friends tonight and I'll be gone Friday and Saturday for my cousin's wedding reception and an alumni picnic outing.) We have officially packed my entire sun room, dining room, and most of my kitchen. All that's left to pack is my bedroom, living room, kitchen, and a couple of closets. Woot! Salvation Army is bringing in the big trucks to haul away several big items for donation and then my apartment will be pretty empty (essentially the only things left will be piles of boxes and my bed).
As my apartment is being packed, I am being reminded of past memories that definitely are keeping the mood light. I found some old physics tests that I failed, and I just give myself a pat on the back that I actually was able to graduate...haha. (If you don't know my struggle with Physics...you must not have been following my life for the past year and a half.) I also found a framed photo I received as a goodbye gift from all my London flatmates the first time I lived there (yup, 7 girls in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom--more like just a shower, toilet, and sink--apartment-style living was certainly an interesting time). I started thinking back to all of the good times and not so good times and just couldn't stop smiling. I cannot WAIT to go back to living in London!
On another note, I booked a flight home for Christmas. Well, not really in time for Christmas (as I arrive on Christmas day at 2:00pm) but it's for just over a week's time (mark your calendars now: December 25 - January 6). So, I don't really have much else to report, so again, I'll leave you with my scheduled appearance. :)
August 28
- In Atlanta for my cousin's wedding reception. Congratulations to Henny and Mere!
August 29
- Delta Sigma Pi | Southeastern Region Area Conference at GA State
- Delta Sigma Pi | Atlanta Alumni Chapter's Annual Picnic
September 7
- I move to London!
September 8 - 12
- Flat (apartment) hunting!!
As before, I ask that you keep Melissa (my future roomie) and me in your thoughts and prayers that we find a place to live before our hotel reservation ends on the 12th!
And, as always, feel free to email me if you want to get automatic updates for each time I publish a new post! -- DISCLAIMER: Trying to find this option...I can't remember where I saw how to do that...so be patient. :)
27 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment