26 August 2009

Let the Packing Commence

So, it has definitely been nice to have my mom come down this afternoon. I swear, she is an expert packer and certainly knows how to get me to throw things away or at least pawn them off on others (aka...donations to The Salvation Army). Other than sorting through my dining room and deconstructing the table, there's not really too much to report for today's blog.

Hm...although, it is nice to now have a place to pile/stack boxes and such. I am already beginning to miss the feeling of having a "home" though. So, priority #1 when I get to London will definitely be to find a place I can call home!

Since I am still new at this blogging thing (well, last time I did this sort of thing was when I studied abroad in England back in 2006...hm...maybe this is an England-thing for me?), please bare with me as I try to figure (or re-figure) things out. I am thinking that I may start documenting my packing process, so look out readers (all 1 or 2 of you), pictures may be coming soon!  :)

Let's see...what else? Oh, I'll continue the tradition of my posting my "appearances" (see...doesn't that sound like I'm a celebrity?) until I leave:

August 26
-  Grace comes to visit...yay!

August 28
-  In Atlanta for my cousin's wedding reception. Congratulations to Henny and Mere!

August 29
-  Delta Sigma Pi  |  Southeastern Region Area Conference at GA State
-  Delta Sigma Pi  |  Atlanta Alumni Chapter's Annual Picnic

September 7
-  I move to London!

September 8 - 12
-  Flat (apartment) hunting!!

As before, I ask that you keep Melissa (my future roomie) and me in your thoughts and prayers that we find a place to live before our hotel reservation ends on the 12th!

And, as always, feel free to email me if you want to get automatic updates for each time I publish a new post!  --  DISCLAIMER:  Trying to find this option...I can't remember where I saw how to do that...so be patient.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment