So, this time I didn't even plan to use the name of a song. Go figure that when I did a Google search, it came up as the name of a country song. This means 1 of 2 things: 1) I listen to way too much music without even knowing it, or 2) I'm not as 'creative' in developing blog titles as I thought. To make myself feel better, I think I'll choose option 1. :)
Anyhow, to the point of this blog. Well, I wanted to fill you all in on my last couple of days. I do want to point out the fact that I have felt kind of weird not writing lately, so maybe that means I'll update this thing more than I thought. Yay! As for my last couple of days, they've been filled with the usual "packing and purging" routine, but also a little more. Let's see...on Wednesday, I was able to meet up with my sister (who was in town from California) for lunch and a little bit of shopping. I wound up buying the coolest passport holder...it's red...I like it. I'm really going to miss her. Over the past couple of years we have grown really close (we didn't grow up together). I would definitely say she's not only my sister, but also one of my better friends.
After meeting up with Krista in Atlanta, I went back to Macon for dinner with William. I hadn't seem him in a while, so it was great to catch up with him for a bit. But alas, good things come to an end and I eventually made it back home and sorted through half of my clothes (while watching the movie Step-Brothers...eh, it was okay, but I don't really care for that sense of humor). So, now I have piles of clothes all over the recently emptied living room and my apartment, once again, looks like a disaster zone.
Now, on Thursday, I had a bit of a different day that expected, in that I got NOTHING accomplished! I know...I'm pathetic...I really just hate this process. I was able to do a few errands though (pick up prescriptions, get my flu shot, visit old professors and say goodbye to them, as well as return miscellaneous 'stolen' items from the business school - I had found some tongs in my apartment that belonged to them...weird, I know). I was also able to meet with Taylor for lunch. Taylor's an awesome, good friend. I can't believe we didn't meet before we did. I will always know him as my cooking buddy. :) So, this should still leave plenty of time for my to clean in the evening, right? Wrong...I took a nap and then drove up to Newnan to see my 'Official London Flatmate,' Melissa.
Thursday night Melissa and I went through way too many letting (rental) agent websites trying to find a place to live in London. Finally, we decided on SEVERAL that we would call on Friday morning. I think we wound up going to bed at 1:00am or something...I'll never know how Mansfield Park ends...haha. Friday morning we wake up around 7:30am Georgia Time (EST) in order to call the London letting agents before they closed. (*Note* Remember, there is a 5 hour time difference, London being ahead.) We called probably 20 places and had a variety of responses. The good news though is that we now have 5 agency appointments on Wednesday, September 9th (we arrive in London on Thursday, September 8th...so it's good that we'll have some time to settle in and regroup), are waiting to hear back from 3 others, and are supposed to let 2 others know our schedule early next week.
So, what's all this mumbo jumbo actually mean? We may find a place to live! By setting these appointments, I know that God is answering my prayers (thank you to everyone who has been praying as well)! Until today I appeared to be calm about the situation, all the while silently crying inside not knowing what to do if I end up homeless on the streets of London (okay, I know that's a bit dramatic...but I could end up a nomad)! I have a good feeling about a few of the places, so I'm certainly excited to see them! Now, my only concern is that what happened last time, will happen again. In brief, last time I had placed an offer on a flat (which they said they would accept), but they took someone else's offer that was higher and from people who were able to move in sooner. Understandable, but the situation still sucked. This time, my concerns are that someone else might bid higher, or that the flat will be gone by the time of our appointments to see them.
So, all in all, please continue to keep us in your prayers (always, but especially now as I still trudge on through this process)! :)
Oh, believe I end this post, I really want to say thank you to everyone who is actually reading the blog. I know I can get quite lengthy at times, so I really do appreciate your interest in how things are going on my end.
My September Schedule | * Signifies tentative dates
7 :: Fly out to London
8 :: Arrive in London. Go to hotel and sleep until the next day.
9 :: Visit several flats and hopefully sign a contract.
10-12 :: Hopefully be working on a flat contract and moving into said flat.
17-21 :: Munich, Germany for Oktoberfest
22-24 :: Dublin, Ireland to see my aunt and her boyfriend.
27-30 :: *Rachel comes to visit for a few days.
05 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment